What ports are used by PremiSys?
What ports are used by PremiSys?
- WARNING: PremiSys sets exceptions only for Windows® firewalls on the application and/or IIS server. Any other firewalls must be handled separately.
- The ports listed below must be open for PremiSys to function over a network. These ports must not be blocked by routers, switches or firewalls.
- Additional ports may be required for use by third-party systems working in conjunction with PremiSys. PremiSys has no control over, and cannot predict, these additional port requirements.
- A Windows® firewall exception is made for UDP Port 137, which is used for file share functions.
- A Windows® firewall exception is made for sqlbrowser.exe, which is used for interactions between the server and the database and the client and the database. Our use of sqlbrowser.exe is in keeping with the specifications Microsoft describes in its MSDN article “Using SQL Server Browser.”
Network Ports Used by Premisys
PremiSys IIS components
Photo recall,a feature where by cardholder photos and other cardholder information are displayed when cards are presented.
|443||Mobile Client||Premisys IIS components||Mobile Application|
|3001||PoE One-Door Reader Board||IP Controller|
PoE One-Door Reader
|Each Board acts as aTCP server listening on port 3001. The port is not user-configurable.The Controller connects as a TCP client to each Board. Each Board supports one and only one EP connection.|
|6005||Premisys Application Server|
|Default TCP Port used to communicate with controllers.|
NOTE: If this port is not available, it can be changed in the PremiSys software (Controller Configuration).
|9000||Client||PremiSys Application Server||Used by the PremiSys Application Service, which interfaces with clients, the database and the access control hardware.|
|9002||Client||PremiSys Application Server||Used by the APIService.†|
Used by FileCache, which is an internal file share service. PremiSys uses FileCache to handle internal files, such as the sound files for alarm acknowledgement or the files created when running the internal transaction archiving module in PremiSys.
Used by PremiSysInternalService, which is an internal communication server between a PremiSys client and the Photo Recall web service.
Used by QueryAPIService,† which provides API support.
Used by StatusAPIService,† which provides API support for access control hardware status.
Used by ActionAPIService,† which provides API support for access control actions on hardware.
Used by AlarmAckAPIService,† which provides API support for Alarm Acknowledgement.
|9003||Client (or Web Browser)||PremiSys IIS components|
PremiSys Application Server
|Used by PremiSysWcfService, which is an internal communication service between a PremiSys client and the Photo Recall Web service; it is also used for the Cardholder API. The Photo Recall Web service is behind IIS.|
|80/443||Engage® NDE Lock||PremiSys IIS Components||Used by Engage® NDE-Series locks in WiFi Mode. Port 80 is used if the locks are in unsecure mode, otherwise port 443 is used.|
|443||PremiSys Application Server||Engage® Gateway||Used by Engage® Gateway in IP Mode.|
† This service is only enabled when licensed after purchase of an add-on module.
If you would like more information please download the Premisys-IT Checklist. This document goes over Computer Requirements, Operating Systems Requirements, Network Requirements, Installation Requirements, Internet Access, and Database Requirements. Click here to download the Premisys IT Checklist